Post Operation and Instructions
1. How long after operation I can drink alcohol?
The day after your antibiotic treatment will be finished.
2. How long after operation I can start to smoke cigarettes \ weed?
You should stop smoking one week before the operation and can start again one week after the operation.
3. How long after operation is it ok to touch the transplant area?
You will start washing yourself after the washing at the clinic, so you can touch the next day but gently.
4. Will the transplanted grafts live forever?
Since the grafts are transplanted from the backside of the head, their resistance to falling is very high, but it
does not mean they cannot fall and they can definitely get thinner. There is not definitive answer for every
patient since every person’s genetic is different and every case is individual. There is no 100%.
5. How to reduce swelling after operation?
Drink a lot of water, have a rest, sit down and don’t band your head forward. Swelling will go away in a few
6. How many days should I keep the head bandage after the operation?
7. If my head or face swells - what should I do?
Swelling post-operation is normal. Drink a lot of water, try to be on your feet during the day and don’t lay
down all day. If swelling makes you uncomfortable, you can consult with the doctor.
8. After 3 weeks my transplant area is still numb - what should I do?
It will pass eventually, keep drinking water during the day. Massaging with coconut oil is also recommended.
9. If I feel like the hair growing is dry - what should I do?
For the first-year post-operation it’s normal. After one year your hair will start getting moisture on its own.
10. What shouldn’t I do 3 weeks post-operation?
Sauna, swimming pool, heavy sport, sunbathing, solarium, hamam etc. Give yourself a rest for 3 weeks, then
you can go back to a normal routine.
11. How should I sleep within the first week after the operation?
First 3-4 days, is very important to sleep straight on the back with two pillows to keep your head up at night.
It will help getting rid of the swelling faster.
12. Washing procedure - what should be my daily routine for the first 12 days?
1st day after the operation: Your first washing is done by the nurses at the clinic.
2nd day: No hair washing for this day at all. (Dry Day)
3rd day: You should use only the shampoo for 1 min. No using lotion for this day.
4th day: Use the lotion. Apply it on the head for one hour, then use the shampoo for 1 min afterwards wash your hair like third day washing.
5th day: Use lotion two hours before washing. (Like third day washing)
6th day: Use lotion for transplanted area and wait three. You should wash your hairlike third day washing.
7th day: Use lotion five hours before washing. (Like third day washing)
8th-12th day: You should apply the lotion at night before sleeping. On the next day morning, washing your head using the shampoo.
Notes (8th-12th days): You MUST perform a soft massage using your fingertips (do not use nails) on the
transplanted area using circular movements in order to get rid of all kinds of crusting (scabbing) on the
transplanted area. The crust disappears gradually while washing over days mentioned above. Be sure that the
crust should completely vanish by the 10th day.
In case you still have the crust even after the tenth day, rewash the hair using the shampoo until you get rid of
it, because it affects the results. You can contact us for a consultation.
- Using the lotion after the tenth day is not necessary and will not change the results.
- You can use any shampoo you want after the tenth day.
- Dry your head with a paper towel for the first 10 days.
13. Which shampoo should I use post-operation?
In the 1st month use the clinic shampoo, then you can use the shampoo you prefer. It will be better to use
medical shampoo from the pharmacy (paraben and sulfate free) or the shampoo.
14. Can I use a conditioner?
2 months post-operation you can start using a conditioner.
15. I feel itching around my donor area - what should I do?
Itching is the sign of the healing process. you should try to resist it. One-week post-operation you can
massage the donor area with coconut oil, it will help.
16. I feel itching around the transplanted area - what should I do?
Itching is the sign of the healing process. you should try to resist it. One-month post-operation you can softly
massage the area, it will help.
17. Is there cream I should use to avoid itching?
18. How long after operation can I touch and scratch the donor area?
Minimum 1 week, GENTLY with the tips of your fingers – not with nails.
19. How long after operation can I touch and scratch the transplanted area?
Minimum 1 month, GENTLY with the tips of your fingers – not with nails.
Haircut and design
20. How long after the operation can I use a machine on the transplanted area?
Minimum 6 months.
21. How long after the operation can I use a machine on the donor area?
Minimum 3 weeks.
22. How long after the operation can I use a razor on the transplanted area?
Minimum 6 months, but not recommended for the first 12 months.
23. How long after the operation can I use a razor on the donor area?
Minimum 2 months, but not recommended.
24. How long after the operation can I use a brush the transplanted or donor area?
Minimum 1 month.
25. How long after the operation can I dye the transplanted or donor areas?
You can dye your hair 1 week following the operation, as long as you will not be exposed to heat or hot
26. How long after the operation can I use gel/clay/spray on my hair?
If you use natural products from pharmacies – you can start 3 months post-operation. For other products,
minimum 6 months.
27. How long after the operation can I use a hair dryer?
Minimum 1 week – but really important to keep distance between the dryer and your head.
28. How long after operation can I play football or basketball \ run \ swim \ hike \ ski \ wear a helmet?
Minimum 3 weeks.
29. How long after operation can I lift weights \ box?
Minimum 6 weeks.
30. How long after operation can I have sex?
There are no clear guidelines – it is individual and up to the patient’s condition.
Pool and Beach
31. How long after the operation can I go into the pool \ sauna?
Minimum 6 weeks.
32. How long after the operation can I go into the sea?
Minimum 2 weeks
33. How long after the operation can I go sit on the beach?
Minimum 3 weeks, avoiding the sun as much as possible.
34. How long after the operation can I be exposed to the sun?
Minimum 2 months.
Supplements, drugs, and treatment
35. Are vitamins recommended for everyone post-operation? If yes - when should I start, what kind,
how long should I use it, and how often?
Every patient's body is different and there are no general suggestions that fits everyone.
After consulting your local doctor, you may use Biotin for 3 months, one pill per day.
36. Should I use Minoxidil post -operation? If yes - is it a must or just can’t hurt?
Not a must, can be used with the doctor’s recommendation.
37. Should I use HairMax post operation? If yes - is it a must or just can’t hurt?
Not a must. Can be used 1-month post-operation with the doctor’s recommendation.
38. Should I use Propecia post-operation? If yes - is it a must or just can’t hurt?
Not a must, but in any case, you should consult with your local doctor.
39. Should I go through a PRP treatment post operation? If yes - how often?
Not a must, but highly recommended. You can start 1-month post-operation, 3-4 times a year.
40. Anything else you recommend in order to maximize results?
We highly recommend resting on the first month post-operation, as well as sending us pictures of the process
in order to recommend additional treatments if needed. Also make sure you take the prescribed medicine,
multivitamins and growth factor topcial treatment.